GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY Student Corner (GTU Student)
(Established by Government of Gujarat under Gujarat Act No. : 20 of 2007)
Ref: GTU/ACAD/Offline_Commencement/2024 / Ad 04 Date: 8″ Jan 2021
Circular regarding Re-opening of the institutes post lockdown due to Covid — 19 pandemic GTU student Corner
Ref: 1. Circular of Education Department No: $2o/102020/0SOU2020/H-9 dated l.07/01/2021 2. UGC guidelines D.O. 14-8/2020 (CPP-II) dated 5″” November 2020)
In line with the guidelines issued by Education Department. Government of Gujarat and UGC vide above references, all the Principals/ Directors of affiliated institutes and University PG Schools are herebv informed to strictly follow the Guidelines regarding reopening of the colleges post lockdown for their teaching and non- teaching staff and students as per below:
- 1. The offline (Physical) teaching classes for students of all the institutes will commence trom | 1-01- 2021. It will be voluntary for the students to attend the offline classes. The institute has to take consent letter of the students/their parents who wants to attend the offline classes. The institute has to make the arrangement of online classes for the students who are not attending offline classes. The institutes are required to welcome the students who are coming on the first day and to encourage them, institutes are required to provide “Welcome-Kit”. This welcome-kit can include products to fight corona such as Mask, Sanitizer, etc.
- 2. It is mandatory for all the stakeholders to follow the UGC guidelines dated 5″ November 2020. (UGC Guidelines attached herewith).
- 3. In the first phase all the students of PG, PhD, M.Phil and final year students of Degree and Diploma can attend the college in offline mode. For remaining students, online teaching will be continued.
- 4. The class size is to be arrange depending on the number of students and the requirement of the subject so that the social distancing between two students can be maintained as per the UGC Guidelines and if institute wants to call the students batch wise separately then two classes of 50%-50% of students or three classes of 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 can be arranged. The students of one batch have to call for continuous 3 days and next batch for next 3 days. Moreover, the decision regarding arrangement of classes based on course/subject will be made by Principals/ Head of the Institute.
- 5. Ifhostel facility is provided, then presently only one student per room to be allocated in the hostel. The guidelines of the hostel given by UGC must be followed.
- 6. Face masks is mandatory and adequate arrangements of Hand washing. thermal scanners. sanitizers. should be made available in sufficient quantity. The institutions must ensure appropriate Sanitization
and disinfection process for classrooms/ Hostels time to time and during the monitoring, if any
Winners of: “Most Promising University of India 2020″ #1‘ rank Among All Universities in Gujarat 2020 by Uni Rank” “7 Rank in Gujarat State Institutional Ratings Framework (GSIRF) 2019″ % “National Leadership Excellence Award 2019 in Technical Education’ % “India’s Most Trusted State University 2019 ” % “Outstanding University in West India 2019°
Aslo Check Gtu CGPA TO Percentage conversion
Head office : GTU Campus, Nr. Visat Three Road , Visat-Gandhinagar Road , Chandkheda, Ahmedabad – 382 424. Gujarat, India. Phone .:- +91 079-23267521/570 e-mail : [email protected] Website : www.gtu.ac.in
GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY (Established by Government of Gujarat under Gujarat Act No. : 20 of 2007) [ew 2ta esrlaiwsa alrAalMadl S7p – 200 (AWBAd AVS Wald Waly suis :20/2009 gtr ealtia) Stakeholders found COVID 19 positive or having any symptoms of COVID 19 should not be allowed to enter in the campus. UGC Guidelines must be strictly followed by every institute.
As per UGC guidelines the following public health measures are to be followed to reduce the risk of COVID- 19 by all (faculty members, employees, students and visitors) in these places at all times:
1. Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible
2. Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory
3. Frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be done wherever feasible 4. Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly °
5. Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest
6. Spitting shall be strictly prohibited
7. Installation & use of Aarogya Setu App shall be advised wherever feasible The courses related to COVID 19 Health education freely available on i-GOT platform prepared by DOPT, Government of India, can be studied by the students and faculty members. All the above guidelines must be followed by the institute authorities as per the local conditions in the interest of the students.
All the affiliated institutes and students are hereby informed to convey this circular to its all students. faculties and staff members.
To, 1. The Director, Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Gujarat for information
2. The Principal, all affiliated Institutions of University
3. The Director, GTU PG School Winners of: “Most Promising University of India 2020″ #‘’1’rank Among All Universities in Gujarat 2020 by Uni Rank” “* 1″ Rank in Gujarat State Institutional Ratings Framework (GSIRF) 2019″ % “National Leadership Excellence Award 2019 in Technical Education’ % “India’s Most Trusted State University 2019 “ % “Outstanding University in West India 2019″ Phone .:- +91 079-23267521/570 e-mail : [email protected] Website : www.gtu.ac.in